Upcoming St. Louis Events
- This event has passed.
Food Truck Friday
June 13, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmVaried
What’s this about? Food Trucks are a trend that’s been lively on the coasts for a few years now, and while they entered the dining scene in St. Louis just a short time ago, there is no question that they are here to stay. Today, an ever-growing number of trucks take to the streets each day, tweeting out their locations so hungry diners can line up for a meal on the run. St. Louisans can now get just about anything they want from these mobile culinary mavens from pizza to tacos, cupcakes to crepes’, sushi to sausages, at a price that’s easy on the pocketbook.
It’s no secret that things with engines and large events deplete energy and create waste. That’s why Sauce was thrilled to partner with St. Louis Earth Day and Blue Skies Recycling to help offset depletion as much as possible. Composting and recycling were made available at each Food Truck Friday event and will be again this season.
1. Be early: The early bird gets the cupcake. Don’t be let down by showing up too late.
2. Bring seating: chairs or blankets and mark your turf.
3. Divide and conquer: Hit up a few different trucks with friends, then share the goodies.
4. Find a volunteer: Volunteers will be able to answer questions and direct you to your favorite trucks.
5. Don’t fight for parking: Bike, don’t drive to the trucks. Trailnet will have a bike valet service west of the event.
6. If you must drive, park far from the trucks: longer trek, but faster getaway.
7. Make a night of it: Enjoy the community atmosphere while waiting in line or lounging on the lawn.
8. Something old, something new: Enjoy your favorite food truck dishes and try something new. Who knows? You just might find a new go-to.
9. Tell your friends: The Twitter hashtag is #FoodTruckFriday. Also, Tweet your favorite dishes #FTFfave so friends and fellow truckies know what to order.
10. Recycling matters: Take a minute to put the proper containers in trash or recycling bins. Clearly marked cans and bins will be all along the line, making it easy to keep the park as clean as it was when you arrived.
11. Most of all, have fun! This is an event where some of the city’s most creative culinary minds come together. Enjoy the food, the park and the people!
2014’s FOOD TRUCKS (subject to change):
Guerrilla Street Food
Follow this truck: @GuerrillaStreet
Follow this truck: @HolyCrepeSTL
Sarah’s Cake Stop
Follow this truck: @SarahsCakeStop
The Cheese Shack
Follow this truck: @Thecheeseshack_stl
Follow this truck: @SeoulTaco
Shell’s Coastal Cuisine
Follow this truck: @ShellsCoastal
The Sweet Divine
Follow this truck: @TheSweetDivine
2 Girls 4 Wheels
Follow this truck: @2girls4wheels
Follow this truck @YemanjaBrazil
Le Food Truck
Follow this truck: @LeFoodTruck
Lulu’s Local Eatery
Follow this truck: @lulusfoodtruck
Follow this truck: @hotaztec
Zia’s Italian Food Truck
Follow this truck: @ziasonthehill
Follow this truck: @chopshopstl
Cha Cha Chow
Follow this truck: @Whereschacha
Follow this truck: @themeltdownstl
Follow this truck: @smokinmonkeystl
Completely Sauced on Wheels
Follow this truck: @saucedonwheels
Go Gyro Go
Follow this truck: @gogyrogo
Follow this truck: @ NO acct.
Slice of the Hill
Follow this truck: @sliceofthehill
Deli on a Roll
Follow this truck: @delionaroll
Follow this truck: @desserttruckstl
Fire & Ice Cream Truck
Follow this truck: @fireandicecreamtruck
La Tejana Taqueria
Follow this truck: @lttonwheels
Follow this truck: @steaklouie
My Big Fat Greek Truck
Follow this truck: @greektruckstl
Pie Oh My!
Follow this truck: @ no acct
Smoke N Motion
Follow this truck: @smokenmotion
Taco Truck STL
Follow this truck: @tacotruckstl
Vincent Van Doughnut
Follow this truck: @vinvandoughnut
Follow this truck: @johnyolos