Upcoming St. Louis Events
- This event has passed.
Food Truck Friday
August 12, 2016 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
What’s this about? Food Trucks are a trend that’s been lively on the coasts for a few years now, and while they entered the dining scene in St. Louis just a short time ago, there is no question that they are here to stay. Today, an ever-growing number of trucks take to the streets each day, tweeting out their locations so hungry diners can line up for a meal on the run. St. Louisans can now get just about anything they want from these mobile culinary mavens from pizza to tacos, cupcakes to crepes’, sushi to sausages, at a price that’s easy on the pocketbook.
1. Be early: The early bird gets the cupcake. Don’t be let down by showing up too late.
2. Bring seating: chairs or blankets and mark your turf.
3. Divide and conquer: Hit up a few different trucks with friends, then share the goodies.
4. Find a volunteer: Volunteers will be able to answer questions and direct you to your favorite trucks.
5. Don’t fight for parking: Bike, don’t drive to the trucks. Trailnet will have a bike valet service west of the event.
6. If you must drive, park far from the trucks: longer trek, but faster getaway.
7. Make a night of it: Enjoy the community atmosphere while waiting in line or lounging on the lawn.
8. Something old, something new: Enjoy your favorite food truck dishes and try something new. Who knows? You just might find a new go-to.
9. Tell your friends: The Twitter hashtag is #FoodTruckFriday. Also, Tweet your favorite dishes #FTFfave so friends and fellow truckies know what to order.
10. Recycling matters: Take a minute to put the proper containers in trash or recycling bins. Clearly marked cans and bins will be all along the line, making it easy to keep the park as clean as it was when you arrived.
11. Most of all, have fun! This is an event where some of the city’s most creative culinary minds come together. Enjoy the food, the park and the people!
Bombay Food Junkies
Cha Cha Chow
Fire & Ice Cream Truck