How would you like to see a streetcar line running through downtown St. Louis?
Well, there is a feasibility study currently being conducted
The St. Louis Streetcar is designed to be modern streetcar lines connecting Downtown St. Louis, Carr Square, St. Louis Place, Old North, Midtown, Grand Center, and the Central West End by providing effective, efficient transit.
St. Louis Streetcar – Phase 1
– 7 miles with routes going N/S & E/W
– Modern streetcars running every 10-15 minutes
– Connecting 136,000 jobs, 38,000 residents, and 10 million tourists
– Feasibility Study Completed (Privately raised $200,000); March 2013
– Adopted into East-West Gateway Long Range Plan, April 2013
– St. Louis Streetcar Company Incorporated, April 2013
– Community meetings
– Funding for Federal Environmental Clearance (local match:~$300,000)
To take the initial community survey clock below:
Leave a Reply